Who we are
This site is a property of SUPERJOY Media, LLC. Our website address is: http://doitinpublic.com.
All information collected will be handled with care in accordance with SUPERJOY’s information management guidelines and respect for your privacy. SUPERJOY endeavors to comply with all laws and regulations that apply to the collection and use of personal information, including but not limited to U.S. privacy laws and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. What Type of Information Does SUPERJOY Collect?
There are several ways we may collect information from or about you, including through (A) information you provide to us directly; and (B) information that we automatically or passively collect.
A.Information You Provide
The personal information collected by SUPERJOY may include:
- Name, postal address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
- Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information. Please note, we do not retain credit card information.
We may also collect information about you such as:
- If you create an account – your username, password, and other demographic information that you provide.
- If you purchase from SUPERJOY – what you buy, and how frequently you buy.
- If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways – demographics information that you provide and information about subjects that may interest you.
- If you connect your account to another service such as LinkedIn or Twitter, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service that you authorize. This information enables cross-platform data sharing to improve your user experience.
B. Information We Automatically Collect
Please note that we automatically collect the following information about you:
- Website Use Information. We may automatically collect website use information when you visit our site. This may include information about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, Internet protocol (IP) address, your access times, the website that referred you to us, the Web pages you request, and the date and time of those requests.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to support our website. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
To learn more about your advertising choices relating to the collection and use of your information, please see the “What are Your Rights and Choices” section below.
C. Information Collected From Other Sources
We may acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically. We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services or other offers that may be of interest to you, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
D. Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our online services, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
2. How Does SUPERJOY Use Information About You?
SUPERJOY may use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of business purposes, including to:
- Allow us to process orders, registrations, and customer service inquiries.
- Communicate with you about your orders, purchases, accounts, and requests for information.
- Provide you with information about products and services we offer (if you agree to receive such information).
- Address problems with the website or our business, and to protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business.
We also use anonymous or aggregated information to allow us to audit site usage, create marketing profiles, manage our relationship with advertisers, and to provide support services to us. This processing may involve profiling – for example to create audiences based on demographic or location-based information for marketing and customization.
We will have a lawful basis for processing your data if:
- We need to process your information in order to provide you with the products or service you have requested or to enter into a contract;
- You have consented to such processing;
- We have a legitimate interest for processing your data – e.g., for fraud prevention; network and information systems security; data analytics; enhancing, modifying or improving our services; identifying usage trends; and/or
- We are legally obliged to process it.
3. Does SUPERJOY Share Personal Information With Third Parties?
We do not share your personal information except in the limited circumstances described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Our Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries bearing the SUPERJOY brand for business, operational, promotional and marketing purposes.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your information with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us (including to the extent necessary or desirable to fulfill or ship your order or complete your transaction), help us operate our business and the website, or administer activities on our behalf.
- Selected Advertisers: We sometimes work with advertisers or other third parties to serve ads targeted to your interests, or to collect data for conversion tracking (that is, what actions you take after you click on an ad). We do on occasion provide mailing list subscribers’ or book purchasers’ postal mailing addresses (but not your email address) to selected advertisers who wish to reach you by mail.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
4. How Long is Personal Information Retained For?
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services; and after that, we will keep the personal information for a reasonable period of time, which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to your account.
5. How is Personal Information Secured?
SUPERJOY maintains appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
While we take these steps to protect your personal information as much as we reasonably can, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network, or any storage of data, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
6. What are Your Rights and Choices?
A. Your Rights
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access and rights to the personal data that you may have provided through your use of the website and services. You may update, amend, or delete your account information and/or preferences at any time by:
- Following the opt-out instructions in promotional emails we send you.
- Signing in to your SUPERJOY account, if you have one, and visiting the Account Settings section within My Library to manage your preferences and to update your personal information.
If you live in the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have additional rights under applicable data protection laws. If you wish to exercise those rights, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section. At any time, you may object to the processing of your personal data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
Please note that if you make any changes or update your account, these will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time; however, we may retain certain data when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
You may decline to share certain personal data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the website.
B. Cookies, Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
For California Residents: Certain parts of our Site require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
C. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Non-affiliated third parties are independent from SUPERJOY and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
7. Does SUPERJOY Transfer Data Internationally?
SUPERJOY is a global business and we, or our service providers, may process, transfer, and store information about our users on servers located in a number of countries, including the United States and the European Economic Area (EEA). Since we are committed to protecting your information, we take steps to ensure that there are appropriate safeguards in place when we transfer that data. For data transferred from the EEA to SUPERJOY or its service providers outside the EEA, SUPERJOY relies on the EU Model Clauses (issued by the European Commission) to provide an adequate level of protection. To request a copy of these EU Model Clauses contact us as provided below.
8. Contact Us